|Quilting Away on Tabby Mountain|
- I need to design and embroider a quilt label and decide whether it goes on the front of the quilt or on the back.
- I need to dig around in my studio to see if I have a package of batting the right size for Tabby Mountain. If not, I need to purchase batting.
- Then I need to get all the dog fur and stray threads off my quilt top and give it a final pressing.
- Next, my extra-wide backing fabric needs to be cut to size, pressed and squared
- Then I can load Tabby Mountain on my quilting frame!
- It would be nice if I could baste my horizontal seam lines and outer edges of the quilt before the end of the week...
- -- Oh, one more thing: Now that Tabby Mountain is out from under my Bernina, I'd like to finish that pineapple log cabin quilt block this week.
|Look At Me, Stitching In the Ditch Like a Real Quilter!!!|
|Monofilament Tension Sample, Top Side|
|Same Sample, Backing Side Showing Gray Bobbin Thread|
|SID With My HandiQuilter Versa Tool Ruler|
|MUCH Better Visibility With the Ninja Foot!|
|Exhibit A: Oopsy Wobble Away From Seamline|
|Barely Noticeable Even From Reasonably Close Up|
So... I'm kind of rethinking my quilting plan. The ruler work I had initially planned to do might require marking and might end up taking a lot more time than I have available if I am going to finish this quilt in time for my self-imposed deadline. But that's my goal, people -- there is only ONE item on my list for To-Do Tuesday this time:
- FINISH QUILTING TABBY MOUNTAIN
- Photograph finished quilt
- Write blog post for TGIFF and March OMG Linkies
I said only one thing, but once I'm finished of course I'm going to want to share it with all of you!
Okay, that's enough computer time for me. I'm headed up to my studio to start quilting! Just as soon as I link up with Esther's WIPs On Wednesday and with To-Do Tuesday, that is...