Monday, December 17, 2012

Ta Da! Paper-Pieced Star for my Advent Table Runner

I finished my 12" paper-pieced star block for my Advent table runner!  Isn't it pretty?  I doubt I'll have any more time to work on this between now and Christmas, but at least it's started.  I played around with fabric choices for a LONG time before I started this block, and I think I achieved exactly the effect I was hoping for.  Hooray!

And now I'm off to bed.  At 1:45 AM, on a SCHOOL DAY.  Morning will be painful, but that is why God in His infinite wisdom has blessed me with espresso beverages, n'est-ce pas? 

3 comments:

Lara B. said...

Oh my goodness, that is very impressive Rebecca! You clearly excel at paper piecing. It really makes a great Christmas star!

Vivian said...

The paper piecing is great and the fabric you chose for the background really brought the star motif out (very "star in a vortex")! Very nice choice!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

REbecca....I've never paper pieced...but it looks soooo good! I love your star in a vortex.