Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Ba-aack!

For those of you who don't know, I just got back from a week in Paris.  It was a business/pleasure trip timed to coincide with the huge international trade show Maison et Objet and Paris Design Week, but we crammed in as much sight-seeing, wining and dining as possible while we there.  I found some new vendor resources, lots of inspiration, and took about a thousand photos.  I have so much to share that I don't know where to begin.

If you're looking for a serious analysis of the hot trends coming out of the Paris shows, look elsewhere -- I don't do that.  Instead of looking for universal themes and trends, I collect little details, fragments and impressions from the show floor, the museum halls, and the streets and cafes of modern Paris that I can refer back to for inspiration in the future. 

At the moment, I'm still getting back into the groove of being home again.  A big drapery installation for a client went in on Friday, and I'm still unpacking and sorting through voicemails, emails, and papers that came home from the boys' school while we were away.  The cleaning service will be here in a couple of hours and that means I have some serious straightening up to do (trust me, that's a MAJOR understatement!) before they get here -- so of course, I'm blogging, because that helps, right?!

So I'll just leave you with a little taste for now:
Random Chubby Cupid from the Louvre
Have a great Monday!

No comments: