|Finishing Tabby Mountain is My OMG -- Again!|
Well, it's Groundhog Day again for me, because my March OMG (One Monthly Goal) is to relive my February OMG since I didn't get it finished. My goal was to finish piecing AND quilting my Tabby Mountain quilt, and I didn't even finish assembling the quilt top by February 28th.
|Marking and Pinning These 30 Degree Triangles Slowed Down the Piecing Big Time|
|Joining Rows Together|
|Otto a.k.a. Mister Baby a.k.a. My Sweet Baboo, Supervising Quilt Construction|
- Removing stray threads and pet fur from the quilt top with a tape roller and giving it a final pressing
- Finding or purchasing batting
- Pressing my backing fabric and cutting it to size
Tabby Mountain backing: Free Fall in Orchid by Tula Pink
- Loading the quilt on my longarm frame, most likely doing a full float
- Selecting thread colors
- Basting the horizontal seamlines and quilt edges to ensure they remain nice and straight
- SID (Stitch In the Ditch) along all of those diagonal seam lines
- Ruler work in the solid fabric patches
My Quilting Plan for Tabby Mountain
- Free motion quilting in the print fabric patches
- Trimming the finished quilt
- Making and attaching binding (and I haven't selected the binding fabric yet, either)
Of course, I'm really hoping to get a few other things accomplished in the sewing room this month as well. Is it against the rules of this challenge to set Gold Star Bonus Goals in addition to the OMG? Because I'd like to finish my Tabby Mountain quilt well before the end of March, and then I also hope to:
- Finish the partially-completed pineapple log cabin block that I started last month. 17 strips have been sewn to the foundation paper, and 80 more strips need to be added to finish the block.
- Get started and caught up with the new applique BOM project designed by Esther Aliu, Queen's Garden. Although I've selected and prewashed my fabrics for this project, I have yet to begin Blocks 1 and 2, which were released in January and February, and Block 3 will be released in about a week.
My Fabrics for Queen's Garden
There, now -- that should be MORE than enough to keep me busy this month, don't you think?
And so, despite being unsuccessful the first time I tried this One Monthly Goal thing, I'm linking up again for March. Wish me luck!
I'm also linking up with:
- · Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com
- · Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts http://www.cookingupquilts.com/
- · Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/
- · Moving it Forward at Em’s Scrap Bag: http://emsscrapbag.blogspot.com.au/
- · BOMs Away at Katie Mae Quilts: www.katiemaequilts.com