Sunday, August 4, 2013

Jingle BOM: Applique Block 4 is Finished

Jingle Applique Block 4
Done!  This is Applique Block Four of Erin Russek's Jingle BOM.  After those tiny pomegranate leaves, everything else should be a piece of cake!  Of course I'm not caught up with this block-of-the-month project yet.  I still need to catch up with Applique Block 5, the center medallion applique, and Pieced Block 5.  I've made all the templates for AB5 and for the medallion, chosen all of the fabrics, and I'm working on prepping the shapes for both of those simultaneously.  I haven't even thought about PB5 yet; it was just released the other day and my obnoxious firewall won't let me download the instructions!

Meanwhile, I've been: 
  • Shopping for school supplies and wondering where the summer went. 
  • Enjoying a visit with my sister, her husband, and my niece and nephew, who are from New Jersey (they don't like you, either).  ;-)
  • Planning Anders' 10th birthday celebration. 
  • Plotting to surprise the boys by taking them to the new 3-D Percy Jackson movie when they think they are going to the dentist!  They've both been working on a new story assignment for their blogs, and hopefully those will be posted by midweek. 
  • And now, at 5 PM on Sunday, I am switching gears from no-tech hand applique sewing to high-tech machine embroidery sewing! 

Enjoy these last few hours of your weekend, everyone!

No comments: