Jingle BOM Progress Report: Applique Block 3 Complete

Jingle BOM Applique Block 3
I finished stitching on the last berries of Applique Block 3 today.  This quilt is an ongoing block of-the-month pattern designed by Erin Russek, and you can find her patterns here.

I think I'm getting the hang of this hand applique.  I used much smaller seam allowances, or I think they're called "turning allowances" in applique -- and that made it much easier to get the backs of my berries to stay flat and more or less round.  It also seemed to help with the bulk problems on the cardinal's little face.  This bird came out much better than the first ones!  The scalloped basked edges?  Hmmm...  I discovered that the stiff metallic fabric did not want to play nice on the curves, but I still think it's a pretty good first attempt.

Time to go pick up the kiddo from camp...  Happy Tuesday!

4 comments, opinions & scuttlebutt:

JanetL said...

Beautiful job Rebecca. Circles can be quite a challenge.

Chris said...

I applaud your willingness to try this difficult new project!! It looks beautiful.

Sherri D said...

Well done! I think the beaks are hard to do too! Love your embroidered steams. I machine stitched mine on. I looked at some of your other postings too. You are way ahead of me in your machine quilting skills! Thanks for having stopped by my blog too! See ya around the 'net! lol

Rebecca Grace said...

Thanks, Sherri! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...