|Partially Transformed Currey & Co. Chandelier|
|Original "Largo" Chandelier|
I briefly considered repainting it white or ivory so it would disappear into the walls more, but I didn't want the headache of primers, multiple coats, and incomplete coverage, so I went with a satin oil rubbed bronze and just sprayed the whole thing. Or should I say, Bernie sprayed the whole thing, because apparently I am not to be trusted with spray paint in his garage.
|Bernie as Decorative Painter!|
|New Candle Sleeves on Order|
|Crystal Rosettes on Order|
Here's one last view of my room as it looks today:
|Chandelier Sans Candle Sleeves, Missing 4 Crystal Pendants|
One little disclaimer: I would never, EVER, not in a million years, spray paint a chandelier this way for my dining room or for any of my interior design clients' projects. A chandelier that originally cost close to $2,000 now looks like it cost about $500. My faux finish artist could have changed the finish for me much more professionally and created something exquisite, but I keep reminding myself that this is a SEWING ROOM, after all, not a dining room slated for Architectural Digest, and I'm trying to snazz it up as inexpensively as possible. A $7 can of spray paint is just what the Design-on-a-Dime Design Doctor ordered!