If you missed my post back in August about how I'm having a discontinued fabric recreated through custom embroidery for a client's master bath project, you can read about it here. Then in September, I showed you the first stitched sample of the custom embroidered motif on our drapery fabric here. I selected a darker embroidery thread color in shinier rayon instead of polyester thread and asked the digitizer to make some changes in the way the computerized embroidery machine stitches out the design, and I just got the revised sample in yesterday's mail from the embroiderer. Much better!
|Discontinued fabric on top, two most recent samples of custom embroidery below|
However, no sooner do I figure out how to get around this discontinued fabric crisis than a discontinued trim rears its ugly head and tries to sabotage another favorite design! Remember the amazing game room project that I'm working on recreating for the same client, whose home is being rebuilt and remodeled in the wake of a summer house fire?
|Original Game Room Drapery Treatment, Pre-Disaster|
We reordered the exact same fabrics and trims for this room back in late August, and the distinctive metallic wrapped bead trim from Kravet was supposed to be a current pattern, just backordered. I need 45 yards of this stuff for the lead (inside vertical) edges of all the drapery panels in this room, as well as for the horizontal bottom edge of the little door valance.
|Fabricut black silk velvet for drapery panels, graphic woven cornice fabric from Lee Jofa|
This was not an easy trim to substitute, and I spent days searching every source I could think of. Then I stumbled across this Stroheim & Romann metallic wrapped bead trim that turns out to have come from the exact same South African trim mill as the original trim -- but Stroheim still has enough of this trim in stock for my project:
Come on, Discontinued Dragon! Bring it on!