Michael Kessler has been working on, including this one that was recently installed in a gallery in Hawaii. Kessler's work is a fine example of the complexity and emotional richness that can be achieved through abstract art. The greens he's working with have captivated me -- there's something familiar about this color, like a faraway memory I just can't put my finger on. This painting in particular reminds me of fractured memories in the subconscious, dream sequences that you're trying to put back in order. I wish I could see this in person!
To see more of Kessler's latest works, check out his blog here. The exhibit in Hawaii opens on December 18th.
Alphabet Quilt Anders Artista Artista 200 Artista 730 Baby GIfts Baking bathroom remodel Bernie Bernina Bernina 830LE Birthdays Bobbinwork Book Reviews BSR cabinetry chandeliers chiffon Client Projects Coffee Cookies Cooking Crafts Crazy Quilting Curved Seams custom closet Decorating decorative painting Digitizing Discontinued DIY Dogs draperies Drunkard's Path Drunken Dragons Quilt education electronic reader electronics Embroidery Embroidery Software Espresso Espresso Machine Fabric Fine Art Lamps Fire Restoration Flower Boxes flowers Food Free Motion Quilting Froggy Quilt of Many Colors gardening Granite Holidays Hoop It All How To Hungry Caterpillar Quilt interior design Invisible Nylon Thread iPad iPhone 4 Kids kindle Kitchen Remodel Kitchen Toys Knits Lars lighting Machine Applique Machine Embroidery Machine Quilting Minky Monograms Muffins parenting Paris Patchwork Pettiskirt Piano presser feet puppies Quilt In the Hoop Quilt Labels Quilting remodeling Rottweilers Ruffler foot serger Sewing Sewing Machines Shopping technology Tile Projects Window Boxes
- ► 2012 (104)
- ► 2011 (69)
- Design Tragedy or Design Opportunity? Even Better...
- The Children's Book: Why did I Force Myself to Fin...
- In the Battle of Family-Friendly Theatre, Annie Ta...
- New Paintings from Santa Fe Artist Michael Kessler...
- Virtual Design Fix: Studio to the Rescue!
- More Pettiskirt Ruffles!
- Sliding Down the Slippery Slope: The Espresso Obse...
- ...So, Perfectionism: Is it a Good Thing?
- Perfectionism in Love and War: Martha Stewart Just...
- From Zero to Latte in Five Minutes Flat!
- ▼ September (10)